Monday, October 22, 2012

That will teach me to keep my mouth shut

It was a long weekend here and I have been asking my boys to help me in my garden ,all the trees and shrubs were much too high and as my mobility is bad I needed help. I have been asking for this for ages and even suggested it could be my birthday or Christmas gift or even both. I urged, pleaded, conned , yelled and then had a bright idea, I suggested I use my funeral money to get a real gardener to do it. Panic stations, not about using my money just that I was serious enough to contemplate it. I now have a very tidy garden ,not a leaf on anything!!!!!! I will not have to trim anything for years, there is nothing left to trim . I should have known ,they are not gardeners just like destruction. It is Spring so won't take long to grow. The cat is in a panic the tree she used to sit in is completely bare and about 2 feet high. She was sitting on the fence where the tree used to be looking cross.Gus was in heaven, both his boys were here and he had a ball. he has now taken off to bed worn out. It has been so windy here and cold not too much like spring, but it should improve soon and I can sit outside and sew. I have found a long cord so can take my machine outside on the deck. Sounds good to me. There seems to be a lot of changes in kitchens etc. going on over in your part of the world. I would hate to have my kitchen remade, the mess the mess. No doubt the result will be wonderful but the waiting oh dear. Sara, did you ever find away to keep your furry kids asleep in the morning? my cat thinks I should be up with the birds and I am not impressed. Hugs to all, Bee in a windy NZ.

5 Comments:

At October 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Clever move, Bee. Kids don't know what it's like to grow old-er any more than we did with our parents but I think life was a little less hectic for us, even though raising children was hectic. There was also the expectation of respect towards our parents and the helping out was part of it. Still....we're all only human. Good thinking on your part.
Rosey

 
At October 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Oh Bee!! What an effective and clever method to get some much needed help. LOL! Good on you.
Mary in Oregon

 
At October 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Such a good idea! I trimmed the hedges in our back yard Sun. evening and repotted 2 Bird of Paradise plants this morning. Too tired to do more today. Our cooler weather has been here for several days. It is great when the humidity is lower.

 
At October 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Such a good idea! I trimmed the hedges in our back yard Sun. evening and repotted 2 Bird of Paradise plants this morning. Too tired to do more today. Our cooler weather has been here for several days. It is great when the humidity is lower.

 
At October 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Bee, I learned my lesson about having our son weed some garden beds, a very long time ago. He did not know what crocus leaves look like, so he pulled them out with the grass. ~sigh~ But the beds got weeded. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home