Friday, June 22, 2012

More vacation pictures

We just returned from a couple of weeks in central Oregon and the Oregon coast.  Saw the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Air Museum.  That plane is HUGE, with a wingspan larger than a 747. 

We added four lighthouses to our list and have now seen all of the Oregon lights.  I have patterns to make a quilt using each of the lights as a block.  This one is the Umpqua Lighthouse.



Somehow I'm going to have to learn how this new system works...it certainly doesn't work for me.  The last picture is taken south of Bandon OR.  I have some other pictures, but couldn't figure out how to get them where I wanted them.

Kathi

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

I had never heard of the Spruce Goose, so I had to "Google" it just now, and my education has been expanded. What a project! Surely the thing weighed a lot. If I am ever up that way in Oregon, the museum will be a must-see for us. Thanks for the pics.

 
At June 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM , Blogger blocke Oregon said...

Doris, it looked even bigger in shrink wrapped pieces coming into the Columbia River. The travails of its travel to McMinnville made news for months.
blocke, oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home