Monday, November 14, 2011

for Laura

For some unknown reason I couldn't add a "comment" to Laura's post. Google was taking me down rabbit trails.
Laura--I thought Florida had the worst public schools, esp. our county. Seems like they are bad all over. I blame most of it on the parents, and the "experts" who try social programs out for something "new" each year. Many of my teacher friends says they can't wait to retire. One teacher friend said that the hours in school are the only "normal" times some students have. She has kids that come from the same Mom, but each has a different Dad, move constantly, no way to reach a parent for meetings, etc. Some families just don't value education.
Hang in there. You may be the positive in a child's life and make the difference for them to continue in school.
I'll get off my soap box now. My GF who was going to give me computer/camera lesson forgot over the weekend, and will try this week.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home