Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ready to stay home a bit

Hi Yall- Ive been going up and down, round and round, and am ready to stay home a bit. Was gone somewhere 4 out of 5 weekends in Oct. My Mom is out of rehab and at home. We are having a person stay with her this weekend while my brother attended a wedding in N.C. He should be here in about 2 hrs. so I'll catch up.(Driving back to So. Fla.) It is his youngest daughter that got married. Since DH and I went kayaking this past week I didn't have the energy to get in the car and drive to N. C. by myself.
The Rainbow river is just beautiful. South of Ocala, Fla. outside of Dunnellon. We rented a house for 4 nights with another couple. The day we chose to kayak was sunny, but a bit windy and we paddled against the flow and the wind. It took 2 hrs. and didn't make the mouth of the river, but got to see enough. There are lots of Ibis, Egrets, Otters, in and about the river. It was fun to sit on the dock and watch the otters come out about 5:00 PM. About 5 or 6 looked like they were playing. The next day we rented a paddle boat for 1/2 day and did the river again. It was a good time and lots of good crab cakes at the local restaurant.
I have gotten behind with my class on Quilt University, but will hopefully catch up this week.
Tomorrow night a GF is coming over to give me a lesson on computer/camera work. I only hope my mind can remember.
OH-we did close on the beach condo. Now it is gutted and we are having a contractor built it back. Took down 3/4 of the kitchen wall to open it up. Re-configuring the master bath to make it bigger, and having a dressing area/closet. The old closet was huge, and a tiny bathroom. The old sliding doors to the balcony didn't slide, they were so old and broken. That is on the list.
Cha-ching. At least I got to pick out a new tub and the vessel sinks for the bath. We are trying to come to an agreement on the kitchen--he wants granite counter tops I want quartz. He wants stainless appliances. Etc. This isn't a place we intend to live in full time, but still we have to agree on some things.
Jane-I'm hoping to go to Toccoa GA. in Jan. for the QOV retreat put on by the No. Ga. guild. I'm only going if I can get a GF to drive up there with me. I imagine it will be very cold there in Jan. Scope out the rooms, etc. for me please.
Enough for one night.
Sara in windy Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home