Monday, November 7, 2011




Sara, you might also consider a Corian counter top.


I remodeled our kitchen about three years ago and found granite too heavy in appearance for what I wanted. But you need to consider your overall appearance. The white Corian helped carry out a less heavy look to my kitchen and it's easy to maintain. Dishes are more likely to break on granite and quartz due to its harder surface than on the Corian. Just a suggestion...it may not go with your concept of what you want for your own kitchen.
Rosey

3 Comments:

At November 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Rosey-Thanks, I did look at lots of Corian. They have lots of new styles and colors. Naturally I picked out 2 that I liked that were more expensive than either the granite or quartz. We are going over to the cabinet maker's shop tomorrow AM to look at the samples. DH wants an off white, sort of French Vanilla ice cream color for the cabinets. I have pure white here, so the off white is OK with me.
Is that picture your kitchen or out of a magazine?
Sara

 
At November 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

That picture is Rosey's lovely kitchen. It's so cozy and just invites you to come in and have a cuppa, doesn't it?

Kathi

 
At November 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sara, Kathi is correct. However, the photo was taken by my cabinet maker when he finished remodeling our kitchen. It is a photo that he uses for his promotional material. The kitchen is tidy in the photo. Believe me, unfortunately, it hasn't been as tidy since. But I love my Corian countertops. They are softer in appearance than granite but it wouldn't suit all kitchens. My husband's family cottage had an old pine kitchen in it, with white counters, as well. White or off-white does not compete colour-wise with the cupboards. As I've said, that type of countertop may not suit everyone.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home