Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

Jane in NC - I'm glad you're getting some of this rain, too. Since yesterday, we've gotten 2 1/2 inches of rain and it is very much appreciated. We haven't had rain in four weeks and it showed. The trees & shrubs have wilted, grasses have turned brown, etc. We hope it keeps raining all week.

It is also 59°F right now - outside(!) - and it's freezing cold out there. On Friday and Saturday the highs were 99°F.

Sara in FL - I cannot imagine having any problems with immigration at the Canadian border. Neighbors just returned from an Alaska cruise that started in Vancouver and they had no problems at all. Have a good trip!

DH and I - just returned from lunch at a new-to-town restaurant, First Watch. Because of the rain, I think everyone else had hte same idea. DH got best part of the meal. My tomato basil soup was good, too.

Hugs to everyone...

1 Comments:

At September 5, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

I just drove back from Montgomery and hit a band of the heavy rain. I never had to pull over, but 45 miles per hour with flashers on in hopes that an idiot would see them in time to avoid running over me was stressful. Only one or two idiots were driving any faster, and most of us had our flashers on. Based on the number of accidents in the medians and ditches, they may have gotten their comeuppance. I hope no one was hurt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home