Monday, September 5, 2011

LABOR DAY

I hope that the absence of almost everyone except Rosey and a small number of others is because everyone is sew busy. I'm under the gun on a round robin. In the current round I had a wonderful idea which is not working out. In an effort to unsew a heavily stitched special stitch I managed to poke a hole in the fabric of the border itself. Fortunately I had just enough of the fabric to replace it but practice with the fancy stitch on applique the stabilizer is slipping and sliding and the stitch gets distorted. Late in the day I checked the directions on a different stabilizer that said that I could dissolve some in water and paint it on. It took hours to dry but the fabric is nicely stiffened. Along with a much simpler stitch with pretty thread ought to able to make things work out. The round robin group, 6 of us, will meet at 2 pm tomorrow. I'm not cut out for round robins. The obligation to others and deadlines tend to paralyze me.

After no rain for well over a month with the brown lawns and poor hay harvest etc. they are now predicting up to 10 inches of the wet stuff in the next 48 hours along with flash flood warnings. The soil on my lot has so much clay on it a lot of that water will just slide off down hill but wells and crops will no doubt be in better shape.

Well, that's my exciting life. What's going on in yours.

Jane in soon to be soggy southern Appalachians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home