Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mystery injury

My Mom is staying with us for a few weeks while brother is on vacation. Last night DH wanted to take us out to our Italian restaurant we like. She didn't want to go. So, after urging from her we went on anyway. About 2 hrs. later when we returned DH noted a stain on Mom's pants leg.
She had a gash -2 big ones that had bled onto her pants. The blood was dry, so it had to have been there for a few hours. ??? She couldn't think of anything she did, and said it didn't hurt.
I cleaned and put bandages on it, had her change pants, etc.
This morning, while going to make the coffee, I almost stepped on 1 dog, and my shin hit the corner of the fireplace, leaving a cut. Mystery solved. It is in the same place as her injury, just different leg. She must have been walking by and hit it not knowing. Since she is taking BP med. and I'm not she bled more.
Poor dear. She has gone back to take a morning nap now.
On a quilting theme, I finished off the top of the space man quilt, and have been advised to use black batting, since the background is black. No local stores carry it, so had to order from Handcock's of Pad. At least it is done!
Sara in Fla.

2 Comments:

At August 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Sarah your poor Mum, it is so hard to see your loved ones getting older. yes JP is Justice of the Peace, very interesting but as I live up a long drive I am not happy about people I don't know calling at night. So I decided I had done my bit for society.Next year I am teaching English as a second language at our Community Centre ,the course will hopefully go ahead.Hugs Bee.

 
At August 14, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - I'm so sorry your Mom is having so many problems. What a relief to figure out what caused her injury. Rounded edges on everything would be nice in my own home, as I am usually covered in small bruises from crashing into things---I'm such a klutz.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home