Friday, August 12, 2011

BEE

I use one of those push button emergency connections on a string around my neck. It's great for an old widow with orthopedic problems on top of the hazards of living alone especially in the boonies with no cell signal. It's water proof and it makes a telephone connection when the button is pushed. The call is monitored and a loud voice responds by asking if I need help. I test it once a month. Once I inadvertently set it off and for some reason didn't hear the response by telephone until after help had been summoned. As I was talking to the disembodied voice who was asking after my welfare I noticed the flashing lights outside my house. EMTs come in front and back doors with oxygen tank and first aid kit. The kid with the oxygen tank looked terrified and I suspect that he was a newbie. The responders were all very nice and expressed relief that they didn't find me gasping for breath on the shower floor. Before they left I remembered that I did, in fact, have an emergency. I was about to have dinner and tried to open a bottle of wine (for my heart of course) but couldn't manage to pull the cork after the cork screw was embedded. The guy who seemed to be in charge agreed that I was justified in asking for help in the event of such an emergency and he proceeded to extricate the cork. Everyone had a good chuckle (good for the digestion of course) except for the scared kid with the oxy tank. We all parted on very good terms. I'm glad I had my clothes on else the scared kid would have died of fright.

This didn't want to post and when trying to sign on got an error message. I just went back to the blog web site and hit the post button and here I am. We may be haunted.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home