Monday, August 8, 2011

Spring????

We can see a tree which always blossoms in July , I think it is some type of Prunus and it is magnificent. A bright hot pink and it glows. It is by far the first tree in flower here and makes me feel Spring may not be too far away. The Tuis are nectar drinkers and both they and Rosella Parakeets smother the tree. It is only finely branched and the branches both shake and droop when the birds are on it. I am also in love ,don't panic my friends, I am in love with Kaffe Fasett's new fabrics, I went to a new store and Sheryl had a lot of his new fabrics and they are scrumptious. Some seemed to follow me home........as if I need more fabric. I had decided to give most of my fabric to my quilt group as I don't drive and the quilt stores seem to be few and far these days I had decided to buy quilt packs from the USA so much cheaper and very quick to arrive here. It would take me weeks to choose enough fabrics to make a quilt so it seems so much more sensible to buy a pack. Takes a lot of the enjoyment out of choosing everything but age dictates my way of doing all sorts of things. I WILL NOT BE STOPPED I am NOT going to be a lady in my old age but will be dragged there kicking and screaming. My family are quite worried but they haven't seen anything yet.Think that poem about the old lady in purple. Must go I have to be a lady this morning a friend is coming for coffee and I don't want to scare her . Hugs Bee on NZ

2 Comments:

At August 8, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

What kind of bird is a Tuis?
We are having thunder at the moment, the dogs are scared. No rain yet. Temp 93, humidity about 95%.
Sara in Fla.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

Bee, you are a woman after my own heart. I'll be damned if I will sit in a rocker with a shawl staring into space. When I hike I go slow and if I fall and injure myself so be it. There's no cell signal here but I love living in the boonies. I know my children worry but I'm just not ready for a senior apartment without my beloved dogs.

Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home