Friday, July 29, 2011

At this time of year



This is what's happening for himself. Hardly see him when the sun is out, the sky is building up to nice fat, fluffy clouds and that's okay. I get to do my thing, whatever that is and we stay out of each other's hair. Today, I am making a large pot of vegetarian chili. Never made it before and am combining three recipes and throwing in an added bonus at the end...a secret ingredient. If I told you what it was, it would no longer be a secret. I don't know how it will turn out but it all goes out to the glider club tomorrow night for their chili bake-off contest. Along with that, a dish of three bean salad and they'll all be flying on internal air, not external.


Sara, good news in the cholesteral department and weight loss. Congratulations. Once you change your diet and get used to it, it may be hard to go back to eating the way you did before.


Marion, no more snow? That was it for the winter?


Right now, my smoke detector doesn't like the 100% humidity outside and is cheeping its head off bothering the dogs who are barking at it. Can't do anything about it right now, himself is over down the hill visiting a neighbour and I don't know what to do with it. Believe it or not, it is raining gently and the windows are all open, creating as much humid air inside as out.


Miss AnnieBelle attended her first dog show last week-end, not a participant. Took one look at all those dogs and all those people, slipped her collar (I didn't have a show choke collar on her at the time) and ran off. I yelled, my breeder friend yelled at me, don't yell at her, I called her with my squeaky wiggle-butt voice and she came. Things I have to learn. I slipped her show collar on her and she was fine for the rest of the morning. She was good. She loves other Aussies, doesn't like the big dogs.


Rosey

3 Comments:

At July 29, 2011 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Rosey - I wonder if it is the humidity that is setting off your smoke detector, or particles of pollen etc. held in the heavy humid air, that are setting it off. Either way, what a PITA that must be.

Good thing AnnieBelle came back to you. What a scare!

Aren't you glad Himself has an outdoor hobby? Otherwise he'd be in your hair and underfoot all day long. LOL

 
At July 29, 2011 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

If the veg. chili is a "hit" with the friends, please post it. I have a good recipe with meat, but looking for a veggie one for the winter.
Sara

 
At July 30, 2011 at 6:11 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, that Sophie has to be the cutest dog ever. I love KC spaniels. I grew up with spaniels as a child, myself.

Sara, this is being fed to a group of carnivores. I've bought some great rice chips (Lundberg) as I don't eat wheat. The honey dijon and seseame seaweed. They are broken up and to be put on top of the veg. chili. I'm also taking a sign saying: no veg. chili, no chips, they go together. Of course, himself says: do you plan to dictate what people eat? And I said, yes, it's the vegetarian chili or no chips. Hmmmm, I watch him boss everyone around at the glider club and everywhere else so it's the pot calling the kettle black, me thinks. I combined three recipes and threw in a few extras like fresh pineapple to give it a touch of sweetness. I figure everyone's taste buds are geared to fat, sugar and salt. The fat is out; a touch of sweetness doesn't hurt. Will let you know how much I bring home to freeze...lol.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home