Wednesday, August 10, 2011

an exciting morning

Phew last night there was a programme on the Tv about fire alarms and when to change the batteries. I did mine a little while ago so felt quite smug. This morning I was in the shower , no clothes, and the darn thing went off. There I was running around quite starkers, not a pretty sight, no sign of a fire,what to do I was pretty sure everything was OK but still. Rang the emergency # and it was still going and going and just as I heard the fire engine turn into our street IT STOPPED. I felt such an idiot but the fire men were great, checked my alarms and are giving me 3 new ones. I am still shaking I have never had to ring 111 our number and often wondered how I would manage to get dog , cat, passport etc . It wasn't till they had gone I looked in the mirror and my wet hair was standing up quite straight. None of these things happened while Harry was still here . I'll bet he is laughing . Hugs Bee in NZ. PS Sarah I agree with having to be a lady sometimes. I was a JP for 20 odd years and only recently retired, I used to hate the full on dinners we had to go to ,never enjoyed myself, much better having a few good friends to dinner. Bee.

2 Comments:

At August 10, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Bee - What a fright! I'm glad it was a true false alarm.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 11:51 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Oh Bee! What a fright! But you wrote in such a way that I was falling off my chair laughing. :-) Glad all worked out. I'm sure you just made the firefighter's day, tho. LOL!!
Hugz
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home