Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm Happy

I have been trying to make a quilt to hang on my lounge wall, I am very tired of the Christmas one which has been there for at least 3 years. This year is making for Bee year and I have actually started to sew again. I have moved my machine into the dining room and as our house is open plan I can see all that is happening. No kittens left to help, if you know what I mean!!!! The last two have 10 acres to run around in .My wall hanging is based on " Desert Sky"by Judy Niemeyer. All foundation pieced. I went to a class hoping to find a better way to do the piecing but went back to my old way, I spent a day completely flummoxed and came home in a real mood . I may not make the quilt as big as the pattern as it has to hang over an old coffer chest and I think it will be too big. I have been buying Batiks for ages but didn't realise they all seem to be the same med. colours not too many lights and darks, what a shame I may have to go and find some more. Just as well I love batiks. Hugs to the curly one,I am so jealous LOL Love to all a happy Bee in a cold NZ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home