Friday, May 13, 2011

Well, Jane,

You know what they say: there's no fool, like an old fool.
I calculated my age; spoke to a breeder here in Ontario about what if, would she take her; I do Aussie Rescue and I know how careful they are in placing dogs, so, I decided that I could as easily slip on a banana peel as wait for the grim reaper to come knockin' at my door and purchased Miss AnnieBelle trusting to the good Lord not to take me away too soon in her life. She's a sweetie. The only thing I hadn't factored into the equation, as I have the energy to deal with training her and I go to Curves thanks to Jean in Mill Bay who suggested I try it and can get up and down off the floor without too much trouble, groaning and expelling of breath....that my fibromyalgia has kicked up with my upper limbs as a result of lifting the pup and carrying her up and down stairs at night. She's now mastered five stairs coming down but going up more than two stairs has her flummoxed at the moment. More Curves...thank heavens for that. I know without it, I wouldn't be able to move as well as I do. So, thanks, Jean.

Gorgeous day here in southern Ontario, warming up and it will rain later on. But meanwhile, we are blessed that the lawn tractor started up as it should after a long winter in the garage and the grass is like an emerald green carpet at the moment; soft and intense. Neighbour Lou is complaining that the deer have topped off all his tulips overnight. Tasty treat for them; but the rhubarb is coming up and about ready to pick. I'll be lashed to the oven for a few days baking rhubarb bread for the Bed&Breakfast.

Rosey

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Blogger loradora said...

rhubarb bread sounds great. I have some rhubarb comming up here in Pa. Would you share the recipe.

 
At May 15, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger loradora said...

Hi all have been reading this for awhile, am a quilter from Pa. Decided to give it a try. Have enjoyed hearing about the everyday things and seeing the quilts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home