Tuesday, April 5, 2011

STORM

Doris, it hit big time late last night. The lightening was intimidating. I woke up when the power went out as the CPAP cut off and it seemed that lightening struck somewhere nearby. I ordered a battery to operate the CPAP when the power is out but don't have it yet. I turned off the generator after breakfast and then back on again at supper time. Since I have no idea when the power will be restored I've got to ration out the propane I have or go bankrupt. Neither dog seemed to be disturbed but Rocky finally spent a night in the crate I have for him for the first time since I brought him home in July. There is a fairly large limb down in my yard and I'm relieved that there were no trees down in my driveway. Duke power's automated telephone message earlier today said that there are something 190,000 in North and South Carolina without power and currently there is no estimate of when it will be restored in my area. Of course they restore the power to the more densely populated areas first. I think; I hope that the medical hassles are winding down and maybe I'll have time for other things including quilting. I'm just resigned to having a certain amount of pain for the rest of my days and between arthritis, fibro and the injuries of three years ago that shouldn't come as a surprise. I know that losing weight and exercising are the best remedies for all of the above. Cold, mostly sunny and VERY windy today. Hope things calm down tomorrow. I have a whole day with nowhere I have to be!!! A good hike with the beasts sounds great to me. I meet with my tax guy Thursday so in addition to the hike I have a bunch of digging to do in my records to be ready for him. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm still here, alive and kicking. Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home