Saturday, April 2, 2011

An extra hour in bed...

We changed our clocks to winter time last night. I have enjoyed the extra hour in bed this morning ! Not the usual rush to get out of the door in time for church ! Love the photos Rosey. The splash of blue brightened up the page and the one of the cat is beautiful. Sara, a kind thought re. the quilt for Christchurch. We are still busy rehousing and feeding people and I don't know who is dealing with donated quilts. I think Bee and her group are making some and the lady who organised heart blocks for the miners families, intends to send any surplus quilts to Christchurch. We've had a week of beautiful weather. Quiet, sunny days with very little wind. I've had people staying so it made it easier and generally more enjoyable. Nowhere to take anybody at the moment though... The city is still cordoned off, half of the parks are "out of bounds " and the coastline has problems with raw sewage.... We could have driven to the mountains but there have been problems with falling rocks and slips on the road.. Only two of our many cinemas are open and they are both in busy shopping malls, not exactly where I want to be just now ! I'm not complaining, just telling it as it is. Just received an email from UK telling me that six of the girls I trained with, in the early 60's, are having a get together later this month ! I'd love to be at that ! There were only thirty of us in our year. There wasn't much we didn't know about each other after three years together ! I've kept in touch with a couple of my special friends but I'm looking forward to hearing how the rest of them have fared in the last 50yrs !! We were a lively, adventurous group, so I'm sure there will be some interesting stories. (we were training to be Occupational Therapists) Hope you all have a good week. Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home