Friday, March 11, 2011

Checking in..

Saw my name and decided to chime in. :)

Add my voice to Doris' on the subject of being prepared. Neither of these resulted in a death but both could have: last week our ex-son-in-law was out with my grandson and chased after a couple of guys who had cut him off and damaged his truck. They stopped for him, got out and beat him up. Cops, ambulance, many stitches, but fortunately not life threatening injuries. A couple of days later a niece was walking from her car to her apartment building, slipped on the ice and fell hard. She is now recovering from a skull fracture and a brain bleed. Life is not predictable! Plan accordingly.

Grace, I am delighted that your surgery is going so well. I am jealous! I can't get my wonky knees fixed but I am thinking about getting assessed for Lasik eye surgery. I just hate wearing glasses!

The cat rescue business is getting busy as Spring approaches. We got a PetSmart Charities grant which will fund the spays/neuters of about 85 cats from one colony, but the weather is not yet warm enough to allow us to start trapping. We have a low cost spay clinic scheduled for people on income assistance and disability benefits and that is also pretty labour intensive. And the usual demand for our feral cat services is filling the voice mail every day with requests for assistance. No kittens yet, but I still have some leftovers from the late kittens last year...

My latest fundraising effort is to have an idea up for voting on the Pepsi Refresh Everything challenge. We are currently in fifth position in the $10,000.00 Neighbourhood category and we need to be in the top three to get the money.So near and yet so far! You can see what we are doing at
http://www.pepsirefresheverything.ca/cowichancatrescue

Gardening season has begun here on the Coast and I am going to Seedy Saturday tomorrow. My garden helper has ordered me to get some new plants for a bed that needs to be refurbished so we can get started on it -- have I ever mentioned how much I love shopping for the garden? My grand daughter says that her grandma's perfect store would be a fabric store with a garden center attached. I think she is right.

I bought myself the new Janome Horizon but have had very little time to sew with it and will have even less now that the cat rescue work is speeding up. But I do have to say that I love this machine! I have had the 6500 and the 6600, but this is the best so far.

And now I have to get to Curves before I have to pick my grand daughter up from school. Being a rebellious teenager, she is having a bit of time at grandma's house so she does not drive her poor mother over the ledge!

Jean, trying to avoid the images from Japan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home