Monday, January 10, 2011

snow

I am listening to the local weather as they give snow totals from all over the area. The lowest I've heard so far is 6 inches, and the highest, 9. the temperature is not supposed to be above freezing all week. There is a possibility of freezing drizzle this morning, on top of the snow. This is not why I live in Alabama! At least they went ahead and canceled school last night so I could sleep late!
This is our third snow this year, already. We can't handle much of this; we don't have the equipment or budget because it's not supposed to do this here. Everything is closed; they're asking everyone to stay home unless it's an emergency. The girl who cut my hair Saturday told me the mall never closes, and that she was expected at work no matter what, because the mall would fine the shop if they didn't open. I hope she's OK.
I'm planning to do Facebook, quilty stuff, and grade the papers I didn't finish last night. I'll probably take some pictures later when I walk the dogs. It won't be impressive to anyone who doesn't live in the south, but it's a lot of snow for us!
The books sound interesting, and I'm planning to check them out next time I'm at a book store.
Has anyone read Mark Twain's Autobiography yet?
Laura in snowy Alabama

1 Comments:

At January 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Laura - news reports here that Pulaski has ten inches of snow. How much did you end up with?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home