Sunday, January 9, 2011

Louise Penny book?//sinus stuff//Arizona

Being a mystery fan I always want to read a new (to me) writer. Our local library doesn't have the first book, Dead Cold-Fatal Grace. Do you think it is important to read them in order, or can I just jump in anywhere? The library has some of the newer ones.
DH and I still are suffering with sinus stuff, sore throats. I believe we are either passing it back and forth, or are just run down. Was feeling reasonable last week end, but this weekend have it back. Maybe doing too much.
On Fri and Sat. my guild had a guest teacher, teaching "Figure Friendly quiltwear". Basically jackets. It was much more work trying to get a sample muslin to fit me than I thought. About 20 of us there Fri. morning. It was more like a 3 ring circus! Finally got an idea, cut my pattern out, did it up in muslin, added back waist darts, moved the bust darts down, up, then up some more. Gee! It wasn't this hard when I was 20. From there cut out the poly-fleece, mine is navy blue, sew l and 1/2 inch strips onto the poly fleece. So far I have 1/2 the front done. It may be 2012 before I have a jacket at this rate.
Her samples were beautiful, so hopefully will have something wearable.

Our prayers go out to the Congresswoman from AZ, and the families of the others shot and killed by the gunman. The young girl that was killed was only 9.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home