Saturday, January 1, 2011

ROSE BOWL PARADE

Rats! I missed it. As you can imagine the appearance of WCU band in the parade was a huge deal in Cullowhee and Sylva. I hadn't check the time and forgot about it. The music school and musical theater programs at Western are outstanding and provide a lot of very affordable entertainment for the community. In the past few years the director of the marching band received some high award from a national organization of college and university band directors.

I've been able to get down and, more surprising, up the driveway after having it plowed out on Wednesday by the very skilled man who maintains the road. There was quite a bit of ice remaining but the plow job allowed it to melt quickly when it warmed up on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. Yesterday I even managed to deliver small gifts to two of my neighbors. Very dark and rainy today with temp in mid 50s. Sunny and reasonably warm predicted for the coming week which I need badly.

Still quite a bit of foot pain which is a disappointment to me. I keep putting off quilting till I clean up the mess but I never get the mess cleaned up. The mess would be easy were it not for the pain.

That's my whine for 2011. Sorry about the downer. So many others have far greater problems. Writing this has been cathartic for me. Thanks you Eric for giving us a place for an occasional whine.

Jane

1 Comments:

At January 2, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Jane-Sorry about the foot pain.
Just go in the quilty area for 15-30 min. Don't worry about cleaning for that time, just enjoy being there! I'll pray for sunshine for you.
We are off to Orlando this afternoon to visit some folks.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home