Thursday, December 2, 2010

weather, sewing, etc.

Jane in NC - Good to know that you survived the foot surgery. You've been on my mind, and I'm relieved to see you are up and about, and posting here.

Marion - I'm so sorry about the mining tragedy. Bad luck sometimes seems to come in waves. Please continue to post about your weather, even if it is hot & dry. It is nice to be reminded that it is summer, somewhere, while I am wearing my wool socks, silk long underwear, and flannel-lined pants. I mentally imagine I am down under, and thaw out a bit. ;o)

Kathi in Idaho - Wow, that is some snowfall. We've had a few like that, too, darkness and all, but they are not the norm in Tennessee. It got down to 26° here last night, and we should have a solid week of cold-ish weather. Our autumn lasted a long time this year. Actually, our autumn was short---summer lasted a long time!


I am half-way through "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". It has been on my to-read pile for a while, and I finally made time to begin reading it over our Thanksgiving weekend. Everyone else I know has read it and recommended it. It is an easy read, quite engaging (no spoilers, please) I have "Guernsey L&PPP Society" on the pile to read, too, along with a Maeve Binchy book. Not enough hours in the day ...

I am off to a doll-clothes sewing class today. The teacher has tons of experience at making doll clothes for her daughters' American Girl doll (18" size doll). I am taking advantage of the learning opportunity while I can. I may never have a granddaughter, but the sewing technique is different from adult clothing, I guess due to the smaller scale. I'm never done learning…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home