Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oh ....so beautiful though....

Kathi, thank you for posting the lovely photo. A snowfall like that makes everything look so fresh and clean. I do know that it doesn't last like that for long but it is magical for awhile. We seldom get a real snowfall here but I do remember, as a child in England, the fun that we had in the snow. My mother used to say that the best place for snow was on a Christmas card ! Rosey, the conditions you describe made me shiver with cold. I hope you were safe out there on the roads.

I went into Rangiora on Tuesday, to drop off my "hearts ". It was nice to meet Shirley Goodwin. She's definitely a "woman on a mission" and already busy dealing with incoming heart blocks. There was a photo and an article about her quilts, in the paper yesterday, so she is getting lots of publicity. I'm sure that your ""hearts" will all be welcomed and used. There are so many disasters happening around the world, with sickening regularity. It's somehow reassuring to know that people can still react with kindness, even to complete strangers in such a far off place as NZ.

Loved the book Rosey, thank you.(Major Pettigrew's Last Stand) A perfect book for last w/end when I was able to take time out and enjoy it. I certainly "recognised" some of the characters ! It made me smile.

A busy week with end of year and Christmas get-togethers.. NZ closes in January , or so the saying goes , so it all has to happen before Christmas.

My name has appeared, far too often on this page in the last little while, so I'll sign off for now and make room for more interesting posts !

Take care.
Marion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home