Thursday, November 4, 2010

What day is it?

I think it is Thursday, have been traveling to so. Fla. eating at odd hours, sleeping in strange places, etc.
DH and I left last Fri. morning to go visit my 93 year old Mother in West Palm Beach. My brother and his new wife were wanting to celebrate their 1st anniversary by getting away for 3 days. The good part is she is still with us, and doing well mentally, the sad part is that she can only walk with the aid of a walker, and doesn't want to go anywhere. She did agree to go across the street to have a neighbor wash and cut her hair on Sat. morning. Had to get her in the car and drive her over, but she went. She also has terrible anxiety when she doesn't remember something--like when the neighbor changed the appointment time.
Grace-I understand your feeling numb after suffering so many losses so quickly.
Don't know what is worse, having loved ones die, or watch them go downhill and lose their mental/physical health. It makes me appreciate my brother more for caring for her, and appreciate my quilty friends, and friends in general.
I had wanted to take Mom to an orchid show/sale in Delray Beach on Sunday afternoon, but she refused to go. So DH took me down there to spend an hour or so. Bought 1 beautiful white orchid, them went off and left it with Mom by mistake. Maybe I was supposed to buy it for her after all.
We are supposed to be having rain today, for the first time in 30 or so days. Therefore I will get the laundry done and clean out the kitchen pantry. Bought a Women's Day magazine while I was away, it had some good ideas on organization of a pantry, and mine truly needs it. I can't find half of what I know is there. Maybe check out some bins/containers on line for putting all those by one-get one deals on spagetti, etc.
If anyone has suggestions on pantry organization/containers they like, etc. feel free to let me know.
Haven't done any quilting lately, but am GOING to LEARN how to post pictures this week even if I have to borrow a friend for 15 min. to show me.
Love the dog pictures! And the cute puppy. Mine were good on our trip, for the most part.
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - One of my sisters grows orchids in her backyard greenhouse. Her plants are her children and she has beautiful garden. Orchids are one of my favorites. Your mom will enjoy it. I think you are right... perhaps she was meant to have it.
:o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home