Sunday, October 31, 2010

EMILY

Rosey, I hope that you have an appropriate witch outfit for Emily to wear tonight to frighten the neiborhood children who may be out and about. Or, perhaps, in keeping with her pale complexion, a ghost (known in the southern Appalachians as a "haint" obviously a derivative of haunt). Haints are a big part of the oral traditon around here among the many story tellers. Unfortunately there are no children in my neighborhood and I haven't had the little devils at my door looking for handouts since I moved into these parts. The recreation dept. has a big spooky affair for them though. I'm glad not to have any candy around home though.

Most of the trees are bare here and there has been light frost a few nights. Warms up to mid 60s to low 70s most days.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home