Wednesday, November 3, 2010

GRACE

I join in Rosey's expression of understanding and sympathy to you and your DH. That's too many losses in one year for any family to suffer. As we age we do suffer the loss of loved ones at an increasing rate I'm sorry to say. Shutting down is a normal part of the process of dealing with grief. In the meantime, you can count on your board buddies to understand and encourage you to vent here when you feel the need.

I haven't touched a piece of fabric in weeks and by golly that's got to stop. I woke up at 6 this morning and actually felt like getting up and at 'em for the first time in a long time. I've committed to a round robin and, of course, need to put all those blocks together for DD's wedding quilt. I seem to make little progress on keeping up with the mess around here so I'm going to stop pretending. I won't be able to stand to do any cutting for at least a month after my foot surgery on the 18th so I need to get that first center block at least cut out. I've decided to do it with stack 'n whack. I took the class from Bethany Reynolds a million years ago at Road to CA when she had only published the first book. She's a great teacher by the way. I screwed up the cutting on that first effort after getting home and put it all away in a drawer. I've purchased at least one other of her books and have invested is some wild fabric so I'm finally getting round to it.

Kit is gradually improving but has a long way to go. I'll be gone to the annual retreat in Toccoa, GA next week and neighbors will feed her up here if she, as we expect, will not be willing to move in with them. Perhaps when she has no alternative she'll learn to accept their care. Kit's more comfortable with the wife than with anyone else. They are so gracious to volunteer to take on this responsibility. Rocy visits them on his own. He makes his rounds of another neighbor that I know of but never stays too long. He's extremely popular in the neighborhood but then, he hasn't chewed up their $125 hiking boots.

Is anyone else as sick of politics as I?. I checked the local returns on the Asheville paper site and put on a CD a neighbor made from an old Art Tatum vinyl recording. I just may do this more often.

Jane hoping for a bit of sorely needed rain today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home