Saturday, October 2, 2010



I'm having one of those frustrating years that come to every teacher; I do not have time to do anything. The state has jumped their standards to an incredible level of difficulty, at the same time, requiring everyone to take Algebra II and Geometry. Most of my lower level students are not prepared for the old standards, much less than the new. Furthermore, they don't care if they are not prepared. To make matters worse, I do not have enough textbooks, so I am having to copy materials for the kids.

I'm leaving the house at 5:30 and coming home at 4:45, and still have piles of work to bring home, most of which is frustrating to grade.

Enough whining... I just wanted you to know where I am and what I'm doing. I do have an honors class that is a joy to teach.

I pried myself loose to go to the Botanical Gardens a couple of weeks ago, and the butterflies were gorgeous. Talk about incredible color!
I read your posts daily, and pray for those having troubles, rejoice with those who post joys, and think of you often.
Keep on posting! Laura

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home