Monday, June 7, 2010

Moving or not??

Who was it that said "Living is inevitable, but pain is optional, so stick a geranium in your hat and be happy"? I think it was Barbara Johnson, the writer.
And Betty Davis is credited with saying "growing old ain't for sissies".
The thought of change scared the socks off of me, yet it will happen whether I'm ready for it or not. There will be a time, if we all live long enough, when we will most likely have to change living conditions. I'd rather be fairly healthy and happy and do it of my own will if possible. Moving the two elderly aunts about 10 years ago was heartbreaking for them and us. They had never thrown away a magazine, or anything including their deceased mother's clothing in over 15 years. I vowed not to do that to my DD. If they had moved to their chosen place many years earlier they could have gone to the college across the street and audited lots of classes, gone on trips with groups from there, etc. They were so frail when it happened that they just were unhappy and made others unhappy.
OK on the bright side, I'm checking on airlines to fly to N.D. so we can visit said DD and family in August. We had a chat on the phone with them last night and all is going well. She even found a B & B in Mountain, N.D. that I might like.
The sinus headach finally went away that plagued my last night. It took yoga, and asprin and hot shower(s) but doing better now.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home