Thursday, June 3, 2010

This & that

Hi from the land of humidity. Yesterday and today it is 95% humid out there. Makes you feel like you are walking in a damp sponge.
Well, the big news is that a Real Estate person is coming tomorrow evening at 6PM to tell us what our house is worth on today's market. I've been cleaning out closets, touching up the paint scratches, and spreading more mulch, after pulling weeds. I was totally wiped out yesterday morning after 1 hour of such. Went to Lowe's again for 6 bags of pine bark nuggets, and got them all down last night by where the front sidewalk meets the street.
It looks very good if I do say so myself.
We spent Memorial day weekend in Daytona, biked up and down the beach and saw all the people in various shades of colors and dress. Ate wonderful fish ruben sandwich at a little beach side place. It sounds terrible, but tasts great. Fried grouper with thousand island dressing, cole slaw and served on rye bread. The Atlantic ocean for your view.
Back to reality on Tues, did about 8 loads of laundry and so on.
Rosy--hope your B & B people are all gone, and that things are "normal" now.
Did I tell you I went to a Kirkin 'O the Tartans while in Savannah? One of the Presbyterian churches there has it every year with the Scottish games. The men wear their kilts, bring in the clan banners, bag pipes, etc. Very moving. Esp. hearing Scottland the Brave on the bagpipes.
I think at times like that I'm the designated cryer.
OK, going to consume some coffee or tea and wake up and hit the grocery store.
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At June 3, 2010 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - Humidity is awful here, too. I pruned shrubs yesterday & sprayed RoundUp. After 1 1/2 hours, I was getting heat exhaustion.... chills are the symptom for me. I know the signs, so had to go indoors and cool down and drink 2 glasses of Gatorade. It may be a bad summer for the South.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home