Friday, June 4, 2010

Nice to see the postings

And hear everyone's news. Bee, it sounds like you are doing the only thing you can do to deal with grief...keep busy....I'm glad to hear it. Tears can be shed in private but when you are with other people, smiles happen and then, afterwards, you come back home to try and deal with the emptiness of the house but better able to cope over time.

Fran, great to see you posting again. Thank you for commenting on Ceilidh. A week ago Monday, the 24th of May, Victoria Day here and a holiday for all, including vets. Fortunately, we have a vet living nearby and she cares for and looks after our first Aussie, Geordie. She's been with me when I've had to put our earlier dogs down due to old age and illness. It's hard to wipe intense happenings from your mind, isn't it. I can still see Ceilidh's eyes and that, too, is painful but I'm grateful for her life and love. Thank Shannon also, for me; I'm thinking, Son #3, is Shannon and he and his wife will be moving to Melbourne, which I'm told, is such a beautiful city. But you'll miss all your ducklings...won't you. They've been a traveling bunch.

Sara, house up for sale and now what...where might you think of moving to? I could almost taste that Reuben sandwhich that you described and I could certainly see in my mind's eye, the oceon. I also know about the humidity in Florida. In my early twenties, I attended a birthday party of a close friend (she and I live close to one another in the country now, surprisingly enough) and when we stepped off the plane in Miami, the spikes on my heels sunk into the tarmac on the runway...those were the days when we clambered down steps off planes...ancient times, lol. On the way up the coast, we all had our heads hung out the car window...also before the days of airconditioning in cars. I thought that I would surely suffocate. I know it takes awhile for northerners to adapt to the hot, humid weather in Florida but airconditioning has made it all possible, hasn't it.

Two horsewomen guests here at the moment with a dear little and old, Jack Russell, Oscar. He has been provided with Ceilidh's bed on the floor of their room. They are competing in a dressage competition close by. Last week-ends guests had me running and the older I get, my ability to cope with confusion here with the B&B, diminishes.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home