Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WELCOME BACK

Tenneh, I've missed you and wondered what happened to you. So sorry about the pain you've had these past few years and glad that you are regaining your equilibrium. There is a woman in my guild who has three horses and I've heard her say often what a fine release it is to take a ride to relieve stress. We all love communing with our pets. Yours is just a whole lot bigger than mine. The nursing profession is lucky to have you.

I've been snowed in again! Arrrgh. I might just as well move in with Rosey and become a perpetual B&B customer. About 7 inches of very wet heavy snow accumulated Monday as the temperature didn't drop below freezing until the sun went down. That kind of wet heavy stuff tends to knock down tree limbs that cause power outages. We got lucky among my neighbors. It was up in the 30s and almost 40* today and most of it is gone with, of course, the exception of the shady spots on my driveway. There are still about 3" of wet stuff just waiting to freeze tonight. I can coast down hill but can't get back up. My shopping list is getting longer. I'm about to miss the second Weight Watcher meeting in three weeks. This kind of weather is conducive to hibernation and stuffing oneself with comfort food, isn't it? I have had a couple of demanding half hour or more climbs this week though.

The isolation is conducive to sewing too. I've made a 10" block for the retreat I'm going to late next week. Everyone who wants to participate brings a designated block with fabric the choice of the quilter and there is a drawing for them. I've also made some more wedding quilt blocks. Only about 25 or 30 to go and that's what I'll do at this retreat. There are no classes; just a couple of demos and the rest is UFO time. It's at the world United Methodist Conference Center nearby in Waynesville. The Methodists have nicer facilities and far better food than the Baptists. It's at their conference center in Toccoa, GA where I often attend a quilt retreat in Nov.

My pal Ardelle is joining me this year. She's been fitted for much higher tech hearing aids adjusted for her current hearing which has been deteriorating for some time. She misses so much socially and at 80 years of age, I believe, that can appear to be or hasten any loss of cognitive function. She has pretty much stopped driving more than local errands, much to the relief of a lot of people in Franklin, and is being chauffeured to the retreat by a loyal guild member who is attending as well. We all love her and will take care of her if and when needed.

Well, I just spent the better part of an hour on the phone with tech support at Hughes Net having lost contact with the net last evening. This is the first stop. Now to check the email. More blocks to do tomorrow and hope it gets warm enough to do serious damage to the snow in my driveway.

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home