Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To move or not to move?

I was at friends near Taupo yesterday, after seeing my DDs Lawyer about the parenting orders, and casually mentioned that if they knew of a house in the country available for rent, where I could keep my horse whould they let me know (knowing full well places like these are rarer than hen's teeth, and not often affordable....)
And DF said, "well, actually, I do know of a house for rent, it's not being advertised as such, they are looking for a nice quiet tennant who will care for the house and gardens..."

And I go OH.
(And I think...well if you are gonna ask God & the Universe to move in a big way for you, a miracle of great positive change, why are you surprised when he delivers?) And so I think if God delivers you a plum, do you say you would prefer an orange?

So I went and looked at the house, and wondered to myself "what will I do about a job?"

The house is awesome- a brand new, never been lived in, huge brick, 3 bedroom, double glazing, fully insulated with fireplace with a wet back, on farm water supply, double lockup garage, bathroom with bath and shower, awesome huge kitchen!, cupboards all thru the house, a wet/dirty area back entrance, and basic gardens planted, ( no vege garden yet) well positioned for the sun, isolated rural road, security alarm installed! and access to 3 regional hospitals! (35mins to the largest, 25 mins to 2 smaller ones in opposite directions) and all the town services that goes with that. Also a neat, small rural school which I know of well, in the dairying area, which would be perfect for my little DD should she live with me. For long term rent. For the same price I am paying here! And multiple job oppourtunities for nursing in 3 directions, and one of those hospitals is the same District Board as my current one, so all my annual leave etc will be transferable.
To move will mean going back to an area that I have old and established friendships close by, great town sporting and club facilities, family- just a new job which may be stressful, but could be a positive stress!

So some hard thinking in the next few days- to stay in the comfort zone and resist change or move- and my gut feeling is that it is the right thing to do, no matter what small stresses crop up on the way. And the miracle of it is getting it for the same rent as where I am now, which is half its value!! I am a little stunned, I was not actively pursuing this change, just a casual question testing the waters so to speak...but a decision to make nevertheless.

Anyway, have to get back to the books, I have an ED Triage course in 10 days....
God moves in mysterious ways- I give him the Glory,
Blessings from (a stunned) Tenneh by the rivers

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 10, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

If it feels right, go for it! What a serendipitous conversation. Change is scary but this really sounds good for you.
Keep us posted on what you decide!
Sending hugz,
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home