Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Not only that, Doris...

This morning, for the first time, I heard flocks of Canada Geese flying over the house. I know that some stay but when they come in flocks like this, I know that they are returning and that spring is definitely on its way whether we know it or not. As much and all as I curse their droppings in places like the beach on Georgian Bay and Toronto's waterfront, they are a harbinger of spring. Another, is the red-winged blackbird and they should be making themselves heard shortly, as well. No cabin fever this winter...we've had as light a winter as I can remember and all our snow went south of Lake Ontario through Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia..not to mention, Tennessee, Doris...and Washington. We can have snow through into April but the back of winter has broken...hooray.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home