Monday, March 29, 2010

The only sure thing about life...

is that it ends... Not much we can do about that but it doesn't make the passing of a loved one any easier... Always seems so sad to me that we usually have to face this sort of loss when we are old and tired, and less able to redirect or own lives... My sister died a year ago. I spoke to her DH last night. He has had a sad and lonely year. He had made more effort than we thought he would and my sisters friends have been very caring of him, but he is very lost without her. They only had one child and he lives and works in London ( a five hour drive away) He is unmarried so there's not much family joy there.

A lovely autumn morning here. A very slight "nip" in the air but it looks as if it's going to be a sunny and warm day. DH has gone to golf and I am off to get my hair cut. We are going to a book launch tonight. For the last four years a friend has been updating a book about women in aviation (in NZ.) What a lot of work and research. It's a lovely book and so interesting too. There were some very determined and focused women in those early days of aviation. It's an interesting insight into the difficulties and prejudices they had to face. Not so now. Nobody blinks an eye if they see a woman pilot stepping out of any sort of plane.

Sara, the NZ dollar buys about 70c USA dollar. Which means (I think..., that what costs me $10 here is the equivalent of $7 USA. Does that seem expensive to you for my treat at the Tea House ?)

Bee, more warm hugs for you,
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home