Sunday, March 28, 2010

SUNDAY AM

BEE, I'm thinking of you every day. I guess the thing to do is to be thankful for each day you two have had and trust the doctors and, if you are religiously inclined, your prayers.

I seem to be more than usually dithery so haven't accomplished much recently. At our quilt show (please see www.smokymtnquilters.org for details) we make small things for sale for the benefit of the guild's education efforts). I had a beautiful table topper almost finished. Only remaining thing to be done was add a circle to the top and I was using misty fusing to do that. In the process I managed to get a little bit of the fuse on the top while attaching it soooo... I get to do the whole thing again. RATS

My dear Shadow is declining and we are in hospice mode. She still acts like a pup for about half an hour after I get up and I hit the ball gently into the yard which she sometimes returns. I think it's all a plot to get me out in the yard. Otherwise she sleeps. Revisited the blood chemistry this past week and her liver and kidneys are showing a marked decline since the last test in May. She's also lost about three pounds which she could ill afford. Last night I laced her dry food with some beef stock and she lapped it up. This morning she sniffed and looked up at me and excused herself to her bed. We've now added two capsules in AM and one at night of some stuff for the gastritis that is probably plaguing her. All of this when I'm leaving town in a few weeks to attend my DD#1 "wedding".

On a cheerier note Shadow and I hiked up the mountain alongside my house but neither of us lasted long. However, I did see signs of larkspur foliage popping up all over the place as well as cut leaved tooth wort. Saw some starry campion in bloom, so girls, spring is finally lurking around the corner. Today we are expecting a half inch of rain and temps in low 50s. I'll do some more on DD#2 quilt and get my lazy you know what to the gym. Well, maybe I'll take a nap.

Been feeling kind of puny lately and Friday morning it became, unfortunately, very clear to me that I have a UTI so instead of quilting I went to the urgent care clinic in Franklin and am now taking my Septra and at least I don't hurt anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home