Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just for practice


Hope I don't bore you now that I have this figured out (for today; tomorrow the procedure may get lost in brain fog). This is a redesign of my quilt pattern, Arctic Reflections, which first appeared in a national Canadian magazine in 1987. A request for the pattern last year caused me to redesign and make the quilt. The central image is taken from an Inuit artist's work, with his permission. It is of a ptarmigan.

Now my next assignment is knowing how to block out the background of a photo. Haven't got there yet. A friend's husband photographs any quilts that I have going into The Canadian Quilter in an ad. This photo was taken for that purpose. Any pattern sold gives the Inuit artist's widow (he died in an accident in Nunavut Territory in 2006) a 15% design royalty.

Hope I haven't bored you all with two photos.
Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home