Monday, July 27, 2009

I don't Knit, not Knot

Monday morning at 8:30 AM here.
My post on Friday should have said, I don't knit. The left eye is better today. I go to eye Dr. tomorrow afternoon hopefully to be given the OK to go back to exercise, etc.
I have a friend who's mother is a great knitter, maybe I can ask her to do some wool mittens.
DD called about 5 PM last evening. She and husband have made the decision to move to N.D. They have no jobs, no house, nothing waiting for them. Their friend was interviewing to be the pastor of a small, non-dominational church, but so far he hasn't received a call.
Thanks for the advise from one and all. I'm over my "are they crazy" feelings. I truly think they are crazy, but they are 38 and 45, and adults. SIL and DD have an idea that life is better somewhere else. My DH and I think they are both having mid-life crisises, but we will keep the door open, love them, pray for them, and tell them they are always welcome here.

On another note-Jane-I like the picture-good for you. The foot will heal, give it time. If you are like me, you want it yesterday, not next week.

I just finished up a baby quilt that turned out nicely. If I can find the camera I'll post a picture here today.
Everyone stay healthy! That includes husbands.
Sara in hot, steamy Fla.

3 Comments:

At July 27, 2009 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Too bad they don't consider Tennessee. Cost of living lower here, etc. At least it would be a one day drive down to you.

 
At July 27, 2009 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Sara, I really feel for you. My DD,SIL and three grandchildren moved three years ago and it just about broke our hearts ! It went from seeing them three or four times a week to three or four times a year ... THe move was promotion for SIL so very different from the situation that you are facing. No wonder that your DD was tearful and grumpy. She must be feeling very anxious about the future. A time for you to just stand back and "be there" I suppose. Not easy when you are facing such a loss and have anxieties of your own.
Hugz from NZ.

 
At July 28, 2009 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Sue in Iowa said...

What town in North Dakota? We lived in New Rockford, ND for about six years in the 1990s - great town, great people, great quilters. COLD winters, wonderful summers. What a change that will be from Florida. We are back in Iowa now but miss my ND friends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home