Monday, January 26, 2009

Will Wonders Never Cease

My DD#2, age now 47 (48 in April) is getting married at the end of August! She's never come this close before. Into the bargain I get two new DGDs, 9 and 11. That's a lot of quilts. I'd already decided to make her a double Irish chain. It looks so easy. Is it? I knew there was an open ended engagement and the housing market in LA like the rest of the country is wacky but they've set the date. I know that at the pace I work I'll be lucky if I can get it done in time. I'll have a woman in my guild who is a long arm quilter do the quilting. I received the news via email this morning saying, Mark your calendar etc. I emailed back and asked if I behave can I come?

The little girls have too many grannies already. There are his parents in MI, his horrid drunken ex wife has parents who are divorced and remarried and now I'm being added to the list. The ex will no doubt be a fly in the ointment along the way but even her parents agree that she is too far gone to have custody or even unsupervised visitation. I see the potential train wreck but I don't get a vote. DD's a big girl and fairly realistic so I guess she's prepared to deal with it.

Gotta run. If anyone has advice on my choice of pattern for the wedding quilt let me know. In my reply to DD I asked king or queen size.

Jane still hobbling in NC

1 Comments:

At January 26, 2009 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Jane:
Why don't you try something simpler than the double Irish chain?
It seems that speed is the thing that is of main concern, so a simple pattern with WOW colors would be my choice.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home