Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This and that

Rosey, I injured my shoulder by falling on the concrete floor in our warehouse. The shoulder took the full weight of the fall. I wound up with two tears, a bone spur and the biceps tendon pulling away. Ouch! It was a mess in there. I fell over a year ago, but it didn't start to bother me until a few months later. I tried PT, but when that didn't work I had an MRI which showed just how bad the shoulder was. I really had no option but to have the surgery. The doctor told DH that if I hadn't had it done, in a year or two I'd have had little use of that arm left. Sigh. I'm five weeks after surgery now and I'm just starting to be able to sleep. Last night I slept 6 hours without waking up!! That is huge for me. The pain is getting better; now I have to work harder on getting my range of motion back. Got more exercises to try at home from PT today. SIGH.

We started out with pouring rain today, then it turned briefly to sleet, and now it's snowing. DH went to pick the kids up from school. I hope he doesn't have any trouble on these slick roads. DD is also driving back from a school function. I'll be glad when all of my family is back home safe and sound.

Tomorrow I may try to wrap some Christmas presents. Don't know how that's going to go with one bum arm, but we'll see how far I get. Probably not too far!

Jane, you are in my thoughts. You've been dealing with crud for far longer than I have. I guess we'll learn patience through all this. Hopefully.

Jean in VT, where it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (insert musical note here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home