Friday, December 5, 2008

Checking in

The board has been so quiet. I think we must all be absorbing Dianna's news and praying for her.

My rotator cuff recovery is coming along slowly. It's been four weeks since the surgery and I am off the pain meds except for extra strength Tylanol, but that means I'm still not sleeping well at night. I'm told this is to be expected. Sigh. After a month of this, what I would give for a full night's sleep. Physical therapy continues to try to get some mobility back in this arm. It hurts, but it works. Hopefully by the time I can lift that arm on its own it'll be able to move around like it's supposed to.

No real snow here yet, just dustings that don't amount to anything and blow or melt away, but that's okay with me as it lessens my chance of slipping and falling. I'd be fine without snow until Christmas Eve. It has turned colder though, and windy. Brrrr!

Wishing good health and peace for all of you as we approach the holidays. Prayers continue for Dianna and her family.

Jean in VT

2 Comments:

At December 6, 2008 at 1:48 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

I have had a couple of quilt friends go through this surgery and it does take a long time to "get back to normal". Patience will be your best ally. You and your recovery are in my thoughts.

 
At December 6, 2008 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Jean in VT said...

Thanks Laura. I'll just be happy when I don't hurt all the time and I can sleep! I know full use of the arm is going to be some time coming. SIGH...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home