Saturday, November 29, 2008

Late Sat. Night

Just checked the board and was happy to see that M.J. reached Arizona but I had no idea that it was such a long drive, Mary Jo. The alternative would be going through the mountains, would it? And if you did this drive all yourself, you must be exhausted. I can relate to that...I drove to Florida and back the year my husband retired (he had a broken ankle and offered to drive in his cast...an offer that I did not accept)..I think Ontario is a similar distance to Sarasota, Fla. Shortly after we returned a month later, we flew to Scotland where I had a teaching assignment, then home to prepare for a family wedding....and the shingles. I'm glad you'll have a reprieve of a few months before you head back out west but how do you plan to drive back? And the mice kindly prepared a welcome for you, too. Just what you didn't need to land in on all that mess.

Sarah, my friend, Joan, in Sarasota called this afternoon and their thanksgiving there sounded colder than yours in Florida. Her daughter wanted to have an outdoor turkey supper with guests sitting on hay bales and tiny lights strung throughout the garden. Joan said that all the kids were saying that they could see their breath at night, it was cold. But then, cold, is here in Ontario the past two weeks, more snow than any November I've seen here in the twenty plus years in the country. Pretty though.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home