Tuesday, December 9, 2008

out of lurkdom....

I've been reading, sympathizing with the afflicted, but not posting. Guess it's time. Jane, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. It must be incredibly frustrating. Jean, I hope your shoulder is pain-free soon. And, Sara, hope you have a healthy husband again soon. I like the sound of your party with the baby gifts. Rosey, you're getting all the snow we used to get before the weather got wierd. We have a bit, but not a lot. It is getting very cold though; -27 the other morning. Donna - love your crazy quilt.
I have finally got into the Christmas spirit and the quilting spirit as well. DH got laid off, and my 92-year-old mom passed away all within less than a month. I have been feeling like skipping Christmas, but last weekend I did some sewing and baking while listening to Christmas music, and I felt that anticipation stirring. I've been concentrating on the good things and it's working to lift my mood. I even sent out Christmas cards for the first time in a few years. I seem to have a new appreciation for our friends and extended family. We had our 40th anniversary in between the lay-off and Mom's getting sick. Our girls gave us a wonderful party. We are also expecting a new grandchild in May. So, by the 20th I'll be all psyched up to go down to spend a week with the girls and their families. My son and his girlfriend will join us. We'll be about 17 for dinner - that's the way Christmas dinner should be. Especially when I don't have to do the big cooking or the cleaning....
I'm working on a quilt for our almost-2-year-old grandson - his first big-boy quilt. I also made a Christmas stocking for our son's girlfiriend. It was such a pleasure to be sewing again. Hope I can keep it up.
Hugs to all, Brenda in Nn Ontario

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home