Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January 1st 2008

I always feel that it's a fresh page on life's book to be able to put the first day of a new year and will add my wishes for the coming year, not a happy new year but one in which we can cope with whatever comes our way. One hopes, always, to be happy.

Bee, I could feel your fright with Gus. This happened to our neighbours two years ago, their dog, let out a night, saw a squirrel and took off across the country road. It did not have a good ending. Gus is lucky and I'm glad your vet was not hasty in putting Gus down when he may be able to recover. Ask Celia about rescuing two beautiful kittens. She travelled some distance to get hers and they are bringing her such joy. What else could you do. I don't know how people can abandon animals either.

Doris, the last day I was out, Friday, I took myself off the see Charlie Wilson's War and loved it. I also knew that I was coming down with a sore throat sitting in the movie and by Sat. it went into a full-blown cold the likes of which could be described as feeling like death warmed over. Jean had it much worse than I have and today I feel almost human. I've sneezed so much I've strained my middle back muscles and I'm hoping that by tomorrow at 4, my massage therapist won't turn me away from her door and my every two week appt., given my germs which are hopefully abating. I wouldn't blame her if she did but the fact is, I cannot move or breathe deeply without feeling pain in this region of my back...never had back trouble in my life, so a new experience. The cold has spread to Jock as well but fortunately he's able to get out and bring in the wood and deal with the snow we are having presently.

It's snowing again and our winter began early. It's pretty but I know by the end of Feb. we will all be going stir crazy.

Hope Jane, you've made it back safety to the mountains in North Carolina and your upcoming operation is borne well. Not easy when you live alone. You are a brave woman. But then, what choice do you have. I had to get levered out of bed this morning, giving insight into why older people are sometimes grumpy. The body parts start wearing out.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home