Saturday, December 29, 2007

Awfully quiet here on the chat page....hope this means that everyone is enjoying the holidays with friends and family....every year I am amazed at how fast the previous months have gone and despite a lot of not so good things that occurred, there have been many many blessings this past year as well. If we only remember the difficult and bad times then I think facing what may be coming at us would be impossible. So I am grateful that this Christmas we were able to have all three sons, two daughter-in-laws and both of us together at 'home'. I did not think that this was going to happen this year and I was dreading the holiday times rather than embracing them. Adding more stress to times when stress can happen because of trying to hard to have everything so perfect. One thing both DH and I have learnt and are still learning is to relax and enjoy some of the simple times. Sounds like a cliche, but oh so true, especially in these hectic days.

In taking my own advice I am going to relax and finish a novel this afternoon and perhaps do some more thinking about how to do the first grandchild's quilt. This baby boy is not due to arrive til March, but now I have a good idea as to what his momma prefers and I can adapt what I had planned to do....better to make something more to her liking and have her use it rather than options....I might have been offended before that this young mother to be has different preferences for what baby furnishings and accessories will be, but I will still be able to make a quilt to keep in my own home for his visits. Good compromise I think!

Wishing one and all a safe and healthy and stress free New Year!

Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home