Saturday, December 29, 2007

POST CHRISTMAS HELLO

Hi from western NJ from Jane on her way back from Rochester to NC. I'm visiting kindergarten pal since 1942 on way back.

Hope you all had a good Christmas at least to your liking. I assume there may be those of you who celebrated Channuka with loved ones as well. I was home from CA for only a week before leaving for NY and barely had time to finish one of the rag quilts. I put each of the quilts in a large gift bag and labeled on of them "to my favorite grandson" and the other "to my other favorite grandson". Greg was the looser and I'm taking his back with me to clip all those seam allowances, wash and dry it and get it into the mail before my knee replacement on Jan 22. Also on the list of things to do is get new passport picture and renew my passport early enough that there won't be a last minute panic before heading to Grace's retreat next September. Remember, a passport is now necessary to return back to the States.

Had a nice relaxed time in Rochester. The grands have turned into the most delightful of adolescents after a rather unpleasant early childhood of temper tantrums and constant bickering. There is a lot of love and silliness among them and since I never quite grew up I am amused by adolescent shenanigans. Outside of the quilts the majority of gift giving was a book exchange. We all trekked to Barnes and Noble on the 23rd, split up and bought each other books. Also found out that DD and I had already sent copies of the same book to DD#2. I've been thinking about getting an MP3 player for gym and long driving with books down loaded. DDs went together to get me an I Pod nano so now I have the challenge of mastering it. Since I know nothing about the technology I will be forced to read the owner's manual. I'd sure like to have a book or two downloaded for the hospital stay.

There was one hockey game on the 22nd in which DGS's team lost by a whopping 14-1. It was painful to say the least. They expected to lose but that was the worst defeat in their very brief history as a team.

Am leaving early tomorrow morning and expect to arrive home Monday. Then I will have to face the scale at WW on Thursday. After three weeks of almost no exercise and constant eating, mostly of sweets, I expect the worst. Shadow and I both need to start some serious exercise. I want to be as strong and slim as possible before the surgery.

Will check in sometime next week. Let's all hope for a New Year with no world disasters. Let us all hope that the coming election year doesn't drive us all into a cave to hide until it is over. At least we can brag about the unlikelihood of anyone being assassinated or irrational violence connected therewith. I just hope the time passes quickly.

Jane temporarily in NJ.

1 Comments:

At December 29, 2007 at 5:31 PM , Blogger blocke Oregon said...

If we don't get a passport, does that mean that Grace will let us stay? I got mine in about 8 weeks last year--this during the time they were saying they had a 6 months backlog. Good luck with getting all the projects finished--including becoming svelt.
Betty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home