Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Kayaking and other stuff

Good afternoon all.
It's been a while since I posted. Last Friday DH & I loaded up the new SUV with 2 kayaks, 2 bicycles, and assorted stuff and went to central Florida. We stayed in the little town of Silver Springs, and kayaked up and then back the Silver River. The weather was perfect, the water so clear you could see every fish, grass, etc. From out put in spot it was approx. 6 miles to the mouth of the spring. We were expecting that the Silver Springs owners would allow people to dock and get a Coke or sandwich. No such thing, they don't allow docking. At least the river is part of the state park system so we could stay in the water. We had drunk our water, Cokes, ate the crackers by this time and I had a 5 min. "crabby" attack. The way back was easier, as we went with the flow. We got out and stretched our legs at a boat dock in the state park, and felt better. It was only about 2 hours back. There were at least 200 turtles out sunning themselves on the logs, flocks of some type of white birds (maybe Ibis?) and some loons. We did spot some gators, the animal kind. There was a 4 ft. one and a few others we took pictures of. The only time I was afraid was when I saw a 10 ft. (or so) one hidden in the brush and water algee. I gave him a wide area to himself.
He was longer than my kayak.
The next day we did some bicycling, and tried to go to another state park. Well, we did get to the other part, but one of the kayaks flew off the top of the vehicle getting there. Fortunately we were on a not-too-traveled road, and it went into the grass on the side of the road.
The other park was pretty, but hilly, and not exactly wanting to hike up and down to get to the water we just walked around.
It is Rainbow River state park if anyone goes down I-75, just west of Ocala, and well worth the trip.
There was a wedding getting ready to start at 5:00 PM when we left. A lovely setting.
You would think with all the exercise I would be rail thin, but no, fat as a toad still. Even my fat clothes are tight. Must be shrinking in the dryer again.
Our computer is officially dead. The moniter will be OK to use again, but we will have to buy a new main computer. I'm still using the DH's lap top when he is not around. It is different, and I'm sure there are many spelling mistakes, so please be forgiving.
I'm cleared to go back to Yoga, and tonight will be the first time I'll be able to make it. Between sitting in car dealership offices and vein surgery it has been about 6 weeks. Even though I do some stretching it will be good to be back with 4 or 5 other people to be c-a-l-m, and stretch.
Haven't done any quilting lately. I did straighten up the room this morning.
The hot flashes are keeping on. It has been almost 3 years since I got off the HRT. This not sleeping and sweating is wearing me down. I have an appt. with the OB-GYN in Nov. to discuss a low dose patch. I'll keep the options open.
OK, enough of "me". Going to have some iced tea and cool down.
Sara in Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home