Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Making plans for Ireland

Thanks Doris! I visited my travel agent at 9:00 this morning to start on the plans for the June, 2008 trip. I had my books with me and some notes from friends. We are talking flying to Shannon and then drive around the south east area, then go to Dublin. DH mentioned he wants to go to Edinborogh (sp?) so we will dash over there for 2 or 3 days. Trinity college is something I want to tour, and maybe the John Calvin home. The travel agent had some good ideas about flights, so I'm glad I went to her.
Will be off the board for 3 weeks, no computer WWQP fix for a bit. Tomorrow going to south Fla. to stay with my 89 year old Mom while my brother goes off for 2 weeks. After that we will spend about 5 days in the Charleston area. It will be hot as blazes, but that's the way it is here also. Yesterday here it was 97 at the airport, and at least that in my yard. Thankfully we had some showers about 6:00 PM which cooled it down to 81 or so.
Taking the grands to see the Rat movie, can't spell it either. Heard it was good, and will give me the grand kid fix for a week or so. My DD is thinking of puting the older ones in public school this fall, as her pain from the arthritis is increasing and she hasn't slept well in several years. I think she is overwhelmed.
This will be a good move for the boys and for her. It's time she learns she isn't Wonder Woman. Sometimes it's hard to admit you can't do everything.
Thanks Doris also for the receipe for the Irish soda bread. I found out that it doesn't keep, even in a plastic bag, more than 2 days. The 3rd day it was starting to go bad, so had to pitch it. When it was fresh it was wonderful!
OK, off for a while.
Sara in Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home