Sunday, July 8, 2007

A couple of things.......the computer refused to let me title this post, so that's what I'm calling it.

I've lived in deer country over the last 25 years and almost got to the point where I refused to plant anything that they even remotely liked. For some reason daffodils are NOT on their menu, but that's much too small a planting window. Just recently I found out that there is a motion activated water sprinkler that is supposed to run the buggers off. Don't know if it would work on those that are really acclimated to human gardens, though.

When we moved south a year ago, we came to live inside a subdivision and have tall fences around the yard. For the first time in how many years I can't count, there is an abundance of tomatoes and flowers growing in my yard. I'm thoroughly enjoying it! Just checked this evening on how the tomatoes were coming along and discovered that two of the plants are up past my chin and are loaded! Can't wait for them to ripen.

The other thing I wanted to mention is the visits of grandchildren. We had two of ours for ten days earlier this summer....turned out it was about a week too long. They were good when their Dad was here, but after he went home we started hearing, "I don't want to do that" and "I don't like to eat that". Not to mention that the 12 year old is a TV addict. He couldn't go more than an hour without running upstairs to turn on the TV. I finally threw the breaker to the power in the family room. When their Dad (DS#2) said that it was OK for them to watch TV whenever they wanted because they were on vacation, he had absolutely no idea what that entailed. I'm sure that they went home thinking that Grandma and Grandpa are truly mean and awful people because we wouldn't allow My Space or violent video games. We did manage to throw some good times into the mix, however, so maybe they can look back on it later and realize that we were trying our darndest to show them a good time with the fishing, whitewater rafting, swimming, rodeo, etc., etc.

....and I'll join in and have some cheese with my whine, too.

Kathi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home