Saturday, July 7, 2007

More darned grackles

And I'm uncharitably thinking about a cannon to be set up on my back porch facing my bird feeding station and blowing the lot of them to smithereens (sp?).

Marion, what is it that 'they' say: absence makes the heart grow fonder?! Then, think back to the separation anxiety you felt when the kids moved away to the north island. How does that look today?! lol. I used to feel terrible watching my kids pull away in their car, I'd feel down in the dumps and have to busy myself tidying up after they left just to keep the mopes away. But I can truly say that now it is often a relief to see their tail-lights go up and over the hill on our laneway when they leave. I have become used to my life without my children. I am ever so grateful to have them in my life; I worry about them when, even in their early forties, they stumble over life's challenges, sometimes I loose sleep over it, as I've done over this past winter with one of them but they seem to land on their feet and my subconscious mind makes a mockery of me for all my worry about them. You think because they are adults they are all grown up. Sometimes they aren't...and sometimes, neither am I even at this slippery slope age of my life. I vacuumed out my car last night covered with french fries, muffin crumbs and other food related elements and then thought, why is my daughter feeding her children so often. I don't remember feeding my kids continually in the car or out of it. And then I think that my tongue is better kept silent. How many days left, Marion...then think, the house all back to yourself, a quilt project to perhaps keep you busy. It's too bad about DH's back though...odd how things like that happen. Bed is a good place to hide out, I'd have to agree.

And last night I learned that a good friend had been visited by the 'grim reaper'. He was fine when he went to bed Thurs. night; he didn't wake up Friday morning. For him, this was a good way to end his life; for his family and friends, a shock. I grew up with him. His parents were friendly aunt and uncle to me all my life. It is another reminder that my days are numbered, as are all of ours.

And without being attacked for saying so, I'd like to have the grackles days numbered on my feeding station. Truly, they are pests.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home