Thursday, July 5, 2007

Explosion of color (colour)

July 5th isn't nearly as exciting as July 4th. We did manage to go fora 15 mile bike ride yesterday morning, then went to an early dinner with some friends. One of the men had been to a fish camp/restaurant near St. Augustine for business last year so we had a new discovery. The food was great, the company good, and the rains held off until we got home about 9:15. Lots of neighbors were doing fireworks, so we didn't really miss any.
I'm doing the entry today for the Explosion of Colour for the U.K. show. Something like a crazy quilt, with lots of reds, hot pinks and orange and yellows. I've been working on it between loads of laundry and doing a Wally-mart run. DH has a meeting tonight, so may do another hour's worth then.
I went to see "Nancy Drew" Tuesday. Although I missed the first 5 min. of the movie, due to traffic, it was cute. Loved the 50's fashions and good boy and girl cookies that I saw. (I used to make them, will have to do it with the grandsons) Sugar cookies with faces drawn on them.
It if doesn't rain tonight I'm going to plant some more Lantana in the front yard garden. It can take the heat and sun.
Next Tuesday morning I'm having someone come give me an estimate of doing a water pond in the back yard. I've seen some, and the labor is expensive, but the outcome is grand. Don't know yet is we can afford this or not, but it's nice to dream.
Quiet day on the BB. What's going on around the world?
Stripy Bear asked about fires/floods in the U.S. It seems that Texas and Oklahoma are getting lots of flooding, and Utah and Lake Tahao, NV. lots of fires. Right now Florida is doing well, as we've had enough rain to put out the wild fires of the spring. There is still a drought going on through the state, but not as bad.
OK, that's all for me.
Going to put on my Dolly Parton patriotic music.
Sara in Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home