Saturday, July 7, 2007

Rosey, please please

point that cannon towards Minnesota and my veggie garden in particular. I am always willing to share my garden with the deer and rabbits, but this year they are very greedy. The rule is corn is knee high by the 4th of July but because the deer keep munching on mine, I don't think it's much beyond ankle high. I have 2 pea plant, 3 beets and about 10 bean but planted 2 rows of each. The tops are gone from all my tomatoes and green peppers, but the weeds are tall, healthy and very abundant!! I have tried the commercial product made from coyote urine but I think they lick it off the leaves before they eat them. I complain a lot but I need to be thankful I don't make my living from raising veggies and therefore I will find the closest farmers market.
Thanks for lending a ear for my complaining. Just watched the 10 p.m. news and they said the heat index in northwest Minnesota was 106 degrees today.
Take care and enjoy life, Phyllis in Minnesota

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home